Nominations for the Hulme by-election closed on Friday, and were announced today. They are, (drumroll please) –
Grace Baynham – Liberal Democrats
Amina Lone – Labour Party
Deyika Nzeribe – Green Party
Will Stobart – Conservative Party
MCFly has sent the following email and questions to all four candidates.
we are asking the following questions to the candidates in the Hulme by-election on November 4. The questions are identical to each candidate.
Since this is a local authority by-election, please do NOT include
chunks of national policy information. And if you can keep the mutual slagging offs about coalitions/sellouts/financial holes to a minimum I would be grateful.
The answers will be posted (without alteration unless you say something libellous!) on the MCFly website both as individual blog posts and also as pages under the heading “Hulme By-Election”
You are free NOT to answer specific questions. If you do that, we will insert “the candidate declined to answer this question”, without any further editorialising.
If you choose not to reply to this “electronic hustings”… well, it’s
still a democracy, after all. Just about, anyway…
1) What have you done lately to reduce your carbon footprint?
2) What has been the biggest success in the City Council’s actions on Climate Change in the last two years?
3) What has been the biggest failure in the City Council’s actions on Climate Change in the last two years?
4) What do you hope will come out of the November 30th “Stakeholder Conference”?
5) Do you think – hypothetically – that altering an independent newsletter’s article so that it supports your Party, and then sending that doctored article out on an email list to voters would be acceptable behaviour? (Yes/No)
5a) Hypothetically speaking, if someone in your Party did such a thing, what should be done about it?
6) If people want to get involved with your campaigning/political party, how do they get in touch?